In 2018, the British Standards Institution (BSI) had a goal to make their business more proactive rather than reactive. Coming into a ‘Brexit’ year they wanted to ensure that their workforce was engaged, invigorated and working more efficiently than ever before. They knew that a shift in culture was needed to make a significant impact across the business, it was at this stage that David Thomson, Suada Founder & CEO was brought in.
BSI Success story
BSI grows sales and changes behaviours with persuasion and influence training
BSI is the business standards company that equips businesses with the necessary solutions to turn standards of best practice into habits of excellence. Formed in 1901, BSI was the world’s first National Standards Body.
- Recruitment consultancy
- Sales training
- Mobile Learning
Key deliverables as a result of David being on board were…
- Recruit the right people into the busines
- Reduce the number of vacancies
- Re-energise the sales team
- Ensure lasting sales results
- Create a cross selling & upselling culture
- Train the team to be superstars!
With a sizable task ahead, David called upon his wealth of knowledge and experience of building, running and scaling businesses to be successful and met the task with the following actions…
- Stopped looking for experienced sales people and rewrote the job advert
- Hired hungry, ambitious people with the right attitude and values
- Trained 100s of BSI staff around the globe on the science of persuasion and influence, in Dubai, Holland, Spain, Poland and more!
- Implemented the Suada mobile platform for optimal learning
- Re-engaged disassociated employees with just in time training
- Implemented a formal learning strategy that works.
The result of all of this hard work was incredible…
- All vacancies were filled
- There is a new learning culture across the business
- Fully engaged workforce and re-alignment between sales and marketing
- Senior executives commented that the training was ‘the best they have ever received’ in careers spanning over 40 years
- Record breaking sales performance in the last year, the best in the BSI’s 119 year history!
Watch the video and read below to hear some of the amazing feedback from the BSI team.